James Templeton was appointed Puntman at the Albert Town River in 1905. On the 26th April 1906 he started up a Blacksmithing & Wheelwright
business, while still operating the punts until 1908. Charles Templeton was operating the business and did so until 1913 when he then left for
the 1st world war as a Farrier . He continued on his return in 1920, operating as Chas Templeton till 1954 and with sons David and Ralph till 1964.
The business was renamed Templeton and Sons and operated with David and Ralph till 1964. Ralph took over as sole operator from 1964 until
1996. Garry Templeton, (Ralph’s son) and wife Sue, have owned and operated the business from 1996 and the company is now known as
Templeton and Sons Engineering Ltd